Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Poems from my brother..

Wow - nearly a month since I posted anything here............not sure why - was having a great time when I first started and then just petered out for some reason.

Today I found a box with some old pictures in it - and a card and 2 poems written by my brother, Bruthie.

The first one was in my birthday card, November 9, 1981

To my sister, I write to say,
On November 9th, have a Happy Day.
I would phone, but it's cheaper this way,
To write a few lines for what I have to say.

Things may go from bad to worse,
As you know, I must think of my purse.
I know you think I'm a man of means,
But I still don't like eating beans.

By doing it this way, not using the phone,
I just may be able to buy a T-bone.
Now I must go, before I get a cramp
Down to the Post Office for a 30 cent stamp.

Snigl Fritz

This next poem is dated November 18, 1981 and was received after I'd had a haemmorhoidectomy (sp?) and then another operation to repair a fissure.  (maybe too much information but without it the poem might make you scratch your head)

As the years go by and people get old,
Some get tired, some get cold.
Some get cranky, some get sad,
Some get funny, some get bad.
Then there's others who breeze through life,
Who suddenly find themselves under the knife.
From going around all happy and smiles,
To frowns of pain, cause they've got Piles.
It's hard to believe all that pain,
Had its origin in one little vein.
The Doctor says he can make it better,
Or else I wouldn't be writing this letter.
Fix it he did, now you're singing a song,
Every morning when you sit on the john.
To get it fixed once, you had to be bold,
Because the operation hurts, or so I am told.
But to go back again, it's bad for the soul,
Just so you will have another asshole.

Snigl Fritz

He also wrote a poem for our niece, Darcie - about her Volkswagen car.  Darcie kindly sent me pictures of the car as well as the poem - written in 1979.

Who's that girl named Darcie
Her car is very clean
There's a sign on the window saying 'buy me'
Because I'm such a pretty green

I got very far on a gallon of gas
My tires are almost new
Not much room for a piece of ass
So don't buy me just to screw

But if you want a very good buy
Make an offer, you never can tell
She may sell me cheap, and make Ted cry
And then go out and buy a Tercel.

Snigl Fritz


The photos, below, show Snigl Fritz working on the car; next it's Ted and Darcie and then the final photo shows the finished product. 

Cheerio,

1 comment: