Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Writings from my mother...

I'm sitting in a sunny window in San Francisco, it's 10:15 in the morning and I have a sore ankle so am going to take it easy in the walking department today.  In case I had some down-time, I brought an envelope with me that I found when we were home at Christmas.  It is a brown envelope that was in a box - and inside are handwritten histories, by decade, that mother did.  Also in this envelope was this poem:

Miss Me - But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little - but not too long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared.
Miss me - but let me go.
For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone.
It's all part of the Master's plan,
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart,
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds
Miss me - but let me go.

I still miss my mother and talk to her often, in my head.  Mostly I'm asking her questions that I absolutely know she could answer - and I don't remember!  She had a remarkable memory, absolutely remarkable.  I thought I asked lots about family history when she was here but now that she's gone I realize there's lots I don't know.  Thank goodness she wrote down all the things she did. 

So, I'll post this and then do a new post for each of the sheets that are in the envelope.

Cheerio,

1 comment:

  1. That is a really beautiful post Auntie Sharone...thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete